Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dear Person Who Is Obviously Pretty Bored,

I have decided that I too maybe should start a blog. I actually really don't have anything in my life worth blogging about as far as I don't have any kids... No husband.... No pets.... But I DO tend to life my life a little on the "zany" side. I take lots of crazy roads trips to see bands that most people had forgotten about at least ten years ago... My best friend and I on occasion like to pretend we are Michael Jackson... (okay so ONCE but you never know when we'll do it again!), I tend to speak mostly in movie quotes (especially when talking to my little brother), and I tend to get obsessed with things... really random nerdy things. So maybe it would be something worth reading about after all. You know, one of those days when it's too hot to go outside, or it's late at night and you can't sleep... or you've been tied to your computer chair with your eyes taped open and you've got nothing else to do.... So what the heck? Let's give it a whirl.

I've decided to first post some of my very old myspace blogs just because they are about some of the crazy trips I've taken in the past AND because they (once upon a time) took me a while to work on. We'll start with the night I met a group of men that I'd loved for twenty years! Yes, that's right friends, NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK. And yes, I am VERY serious.



Backstage at the show: One Million bucks. An Event 20 years in the making: PRICELESS.

Let me preface this with... it's gonna be long. Really long. BUT IT'S SOOOO WORTH THE READ. Seriously. You gotta read it all. Thanks so much.Okay, so I don't know how many of you knew about the colossal event that was to take place on October 29th, 2008. But it was a doozy. An event to end all evens. An event 20 years in the making... and I'm not exaggerating. This was too be something that we'd wanted to do since we were 6 and 7 years old sitting in our poster coated bedrooms dreaming about who was our favorite. We were going to do something amazing. Yes that's right. These girls. These girls right here Photobucket were going to meet someone amazing. Someone they'd loved for almost their whole lives. These amazing guys right here: Photobucket
Yep! Heather, Stephanie, and I met the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK! The five hardest working kids in show business. The five bad brothers from the Beantown land. The stars of our prepubescent fantasies! Yep. I couldn't MAKE this up! It really happened. And now I'm going to tell you about it. So get ready for awesome cause I'm about to drop it on you!

Okay, so this trip starts like they all do... we get in the car... car snacks: check. Video camera: check. Directions that we will follow but still inevitably get lost: check. Awesome car cd: check. And off we go.

Now believe it or not, we actually get to our awesome hotel without incidence. I mean, seriously. No wrong turns. No wide loads. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I just realized that. Not one wide load. WOW. That's never happened before. Hmm.. Well anyway, like I said, we got to the hotel beautifully. And what a great hotel it was. It was called Hyatt Place. I recommend it. It was nice.

Okay, we get to the hotel at 3:00 Atlanta time and we have to be at the venue at 4:30 SHARP according to our confirmation so we don't have time to do much damage control. Now I never feel like I look fantastic by ANY means. I usually more of what you call a self loather, BUT after I've been in a car an extended amount of time... well there isn't a need for a description... but let me just say it's bad. So we have little time to get face to face NKOTB ready. But we do our thing and head back out the door by four to get to the venue. (Cutting to the chase, no one cares about this... it's all about the new kids baby!)

So we get to the venue and see, oh... about 6 billion people already in line. (Not really but it seemed like it) and let me just tell you.... It was a very.... interesting group of people there. I'm really working on my 'not being mean' thing so I won't say too much. But I will say... clothing was apparently optional because some people decided to 'let it all hang out'. And I mean ALLLLLLL. Cause apparently if you do, no matter how OLD or.... not little... you are, the new kids will see your business and decide they want to marry you. True story. There was a woman there with Elvira type cleavage... we took a pic but I can't make myself be mean enough to put in here. I just can't do it. Just imagine it. Yeah, it's as bad as what you just pictured. We went the complete other route... cause it was in the 40's outside. We all wore sweaters. IF ONLY I'D KNOWN! Show ALL of your cleavage and they will want you! Why didn't someone tell me!?


Okay, so we wait in line to check in for a while and then when we finally reach the FIRST stop point they look in our bags and we check our cameras. We are also told to not get our cell phones out for anything... weird... but okay. Then we get in ANOTHER line and wait in it. While we are waiting in this line the NKOTB body guard (the same one from back in the day... not Biscuit, but ROBO (who steph loving called Robo Cop)) comes out and in what I can only assume was SUPPOSED to be English gives us a speak. From what I could roughly translate we were to by NO MEANS take out a camera of cell phone or we would be shot on site and we were to not ask for an autograph or we would have our hands cut off. BUT we could kiss, hug, whatever else we wanted. Very weird their priorities are.

After THAT line we go to the check in table where they find our names, give us our 'goodie bags'(which I will go into later) and give us our laminate telling us which group we are in. (Letter L. Best letter ever.) We then are led into a big room with tables set around. There is a buffet and an area to get drinks. Wine, beer... whatever. We stake out a table and Stephanie immediately hits up the buffet and cleans them out. I sit there racking my brain to figure out how I can suddenly get much cooler and better looking. No luck. I will say this, and let me preface it AGAIN by repeating the "I know I'm not good looking... I'm a self loather... blah blah if you know me you know this spill"... BUT the three of us were PROBABLY in the top ten best looking people meeting them out of the 200. Seriously. And I'm being generous saying top ten. It may have been top 5. After a few minutes the New Kids walk in the room. I immediately have to swallow my heart out of my mouth and back into my chest. OH.MY.GOD. They are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot in person! I'm serious. It was brutal. I look over at Stephanie and I can't believe what I see! She's in FULL celebrity mode. Face red. Eyes shining. Let's out a scream and is FULL ON celebrity waving. (Ask her to celebrity wave for you some time. It's her thing. She's great at it). It was great! I was happy to see her so excited!

Okay, so they go behind this curtained off area in the corner of the room and the meeting and greeting commences. We are in groups of ten and they call you to line up a couple of groups at a time. It's maybe ten minutes when our group is called to line up. It wasn't that I was really nervous as much as I didn't know what to do. I mean, here I was about to walk into a room with 5 men that I have basically loved my whole life and I just have to walk up to them and... what? I have no idea. What the heck do you say or do? I mean, I know what I WANT to do... but since there will be other people there... I doubt it would go over well. (And when I say 5 men that I have loved... I don't mean 5. I mean 4. I won't say who I am excluding... but you will know when you read the meet part and see who I didn't hug) The group in front of us goes in and my mind is racing. AH! What do I do? I'm a loser... but I have my cool moments. Too bad they come as they please and I can't just wish one of them to the surface.
"Okay, go ahead."

That was a short, but REALLY long walk back to the curtain. At the last second before we walk through the curtain Stephanie turns to me and finally admits "I'm nervous." Yeah, me too, sister.

Okay, let me interject here to tell you of a surprise, I have two guest BLOGGERS here today! Stephanie and Heather have so wonderfully written their accounts of the backstage festivities for us! Since it was so chaotic, I only know what happened to me, so I need their views as well. So without further adieu. Heeeeeeerrrrrrrrreeeee'ssss HEATHER!

Ok... for the meet and greet they said to go to your fave new kid first. So I WENT TO DONNIE BIOTCH! It was kinda awkward standing in line watching the girl in front of me hug him. So I went up and hugged him. Then, I starting feeling a lil' frisky. Okay, well, actually I had been trying to work up the nerve to ask him for a kiss for weeks. So I said, "Umm... can I have a kiss?" He said, "Sure thing!" Please note that he had the 'come hither Heather' look in his eyes. SO I let him initiate it so it wouldn't been one of those awkward cheek or lip moments. Yeah, he totally planted one of my lips. It was a short kiss (but noisy so I hear). He has kinda small lips... but OMG he is Donnie Wahlberg!!! I hope he liked the taste of my cherry chapstick! He seemed satisfied after the kiss. I WAS FOR SURE!! Then, I went to see Joey (who might be my fave if he wasn't married). He asked me how I was ... and I think I said "fine how are you?" All I know if I was kinda in a daze after the Donnie liplock. I know that Joe smiled at me and it was like a darn Colgate commercial smile. TOTAL HOTNESS! And he hugged me... good hugger. On a scale of 1-10 he is at least an 8. Then, I moved on to Danny. Ok. Ok. I felt sorry for him. He is a nice guy... he can't help not being the favorite. Or the 2nd favorite... or the 3rd favorite... Anyway, he was nice. And short!!! Like he is lucky to be 5'7". Then they yelled for the group picture. The first thought that ran through my head as "S$%! I'm gonna be by Danny in the picture!" Thank goodness Joe scooched over next to me in the pic. Then I thought OMG! Joey McIntyre has his arm around me... for an extended amount of time! Joey probably thought my knees were shaking because I was nervous but it was really because there were getting shaky from me bending down to Danny's height in the pic. So in the group pic I will be between Joe and Danny. Then as they ushered us out I hugged Jon really quick. Good hugger too... cute in person. I gave Jordan an A-frame hug real quick and he said "give me a real hug!" so I did. I even did the whole rub his back while I was hugging him thing. Then, I smiled and waved and left. But I will be back boys!!!!!!

Our next quest blogger is Miss Stephanie Rose. Let's see what she has to say about all of this.

So it was finally time for us to go 'backstage' or more accurately 'back behind a curtain' and I was pretty sure that we were about to get our palms read to find out which New Kid we were gonna end up with cause that's what it looked like...must have been the 5-Star VIP Halloween special. Anyway, we walk in and the guys are lined up waiting for you to approach them and fulfill whatever PG-13 fantasies you've had building for the past 15 years. I started feeling kinda shy and awkward so I decided to start with the shy and awkward New Kid...Jon Knight. I was about to shake his hand and introduce myself (even though I still hadn't decided which sexy/mysterious alias to use) when he held his arms out for a hug. I was pleasantly surprised and definitely accepted the hug offer...then I realized that this is the standard New Kids greeting...a big open hug...SWEET! So I moved on to Jordan and practically melted in his arms....OMG he's soooo HOTT!! I wanted to stand by Jordan in the picture so I didn't want to walk away from him and lose my spot in the photo so I just stopped right there and waited. I happened to look over to my right at the exact time that Heather and Donnie were sharing a juicy liplock. I was shocked and I guess my face must have revealed my disbelief of what I was witnessing cause Donnie cut his eyes at me and winked. Then he kinda chuckled and said "You're next!" Um, no sir, no thanks, not sure how to let you down gently but I kinda want to play the friend card here. I have the utmost respect for you as an actor and even more so as a stripper/singer/dancer/New Kid but I'd rather not get mono tonight from the pimp of the group. So instead of a kiss he hugged me and I said "Hey Donnie Wahlberg"...I guess I wanted to impress him by showing him that I know his first AND last name. Anyway, at about that time someone said that it was picture time so I reattached myself to Jordan's side for the photo and that's when some older skanky/slutty fan tried to jump in my spot. Um no maam, you need to back up bc I have been patiently waiting here. So Jordan kinda rearranged her to his other side...and thank goodness for that cause somebody was about to get cut. So they took two pics and after the first shot Jordan looked over at me and told me that I did good. Not really sure what he was referring to but it's still nice to be told that you've done something right. So then everyone begins to disperse and it's about time for us to head back out to the VIP holding room...so I quickly approached Joe and told him that I wanted to give him a hug...so I did and OMG what a babe!!! The last remaining New Kid was Danny and ew....so I kinda bypassed him and headed out. And that was how it all went down 'backstage' at the gig.

And finally. Your's truly will tell you about my experiences behind the black curtain.

Okay, so I walk in and there are new kids everywhere! It's almost like being at the zoo and you can't decide whether to visit the elephants or the monkeys first. (And no danny, that wasn't a shot at you). Back in the day, Joe was my first love... then I LOVED Jordan... but I revived my Joey love ten years ago... but since the reunion... I've been a Jonathan Knight girl. Yeah, there are persistent rumors that he's gay. But SO WHAT. I won't get him either way. At least now I can speculate it's because I have boobs and not that I'm a hag. Well back to that, I see him in the corner and he's alone and Steph is walking towards him, so I follow. She hugs him and walks away and then I go in for a hug. Oh my word! That was the kind of hug you get from a close close friend. Not a stranger. It was heaven. He pulled me close and squeezed and said in this OH SO SEXY boston accent, "hey, how are you?" and I said, "I'm good. How are you?" He said good or something. Gah, I didn't want to leave him. He smelled amazing. He's sooooooo hot in person. Wow. Then Jordan is next to him. I don't care for jordan. I see him checking Steph out as she walked away though. I hug him. Whatever. Then I look over just as Donnie and Heather go for the best kiss in a meet and greet award. Wowsers. That was a sight! You go girl! I was proud to be her friend! So after they finish their making out :) I hug Donnie and he also gives A GREAT HUG. The hug of a lover, not a stranger. Amazing. Then Stephanie hugs him and I hear "Group Pic time" AHHH! I'm a mile from Jon! Where do I go? Then D Dub is pulling me next to him really close. The D-O-N-N-I-E The W-A-H-L to the B-E-R-G is holding me to him. Wow. That's a nice feeling. ESP since he is my second fave. I love some D Dub. So they say the are going to take the pic and I feel what I think is him pulling me closer to him so I get closer then I feel the Laminate around my neck moving and realize he is playing with it! Donnie Wahlberg from BAND OF BROTHERS, SAW, NEW KIDS, is messing around right there by the ladies. Gah... then feel like he is staring at me. I try and look at him WITHOUT looking at him because all I can think is DON'T MESS THE PIC UP but it looks like he's staring at me. So after the pic I say, "What were you doing?" and he replied, "Just having fun." Yeah, just giving me an aneurism! Then they say it's time to leave and I realize I haven't hugged Joey so I run to him (right pass Danny... sorry Danny, I REALLY am) and hug him. It's so weird to think you just walk up and hug someone without words. Then after he says "Thank you" and I make eye contact and nearly die. Baby's got blue eyes. BEAUTIFUL blues. Then I start to leave. Steph goes, then Heather, then as I walk out Jonathan Sexy Knight puts his hand on my back and rubs and says, "Thanks for coming." And I died.

When I came to we went back to the table. Got a drink. Sat around. Then after they were done they came out and said some stuff then left. So we headed toward the arena after getting our cameras back (and after OF COURSE calling the moms and telling them we can now die happy!)

We go to our seats which are 5th ROW! Amazing! The only other time I ever saw NK was when I was nine and we were basically sitting in the front yard of our house watching it... might as well have been anyway, and now we are in their faces! It was glorious! The only way to see a show!

First is Natasha Bedingfield and she's good. I didn't mind her at all. On the contrary, I liked her. But next something awful happened. The worst thing I've ever seen in my life. This comes on the stage. Photobucket
You may ask what is that that she's wearing. I don't know... looks like a Lady Marmalade Christina Agulera reject. Now I'll admit, it just WASN'T my type of music. But this girl was CRAZY. Seriously. It was hard to watch. I just don't know. There aren't enough words. I'm sure other people would like it... but it was just NOT for me. But you know, good for her and her back up dancers that looked like they wanted to kill you. I'm glad they are out there doing their thing...

So after Lady Marmalade (as steph called her) gets off the stage we all get excited. We know it's time. Stephanie, Heather, and I couldn't be more excited! This is they day to end all days and it's about to get even better!

There aren't words to describe how awesome that show was. ESPECIALLY from where we were sitting. They truly truly rocked it hard core. It was amazing. I could go on alllll day. Donnie was sexy as ever. Jordan did the shirtless "baby I believe in you" fan blowing his shirt back, Jon was hott and a TOTAL cutie pie when he would mess up the dance moves. Danny did some AMAZING break dancing. Truly. And Joe. What can you say about Joe? The man's awesome! It was just great great great. Here are a few pics to enjoy!PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
After the show we go back to the hotel and look through our goodie bag. Steph asked the question, "Wonder what the thought process was on what to put in this thing?" Cause it's VERY random items. This is what I think they said, "Well, sometimes when I sit around the house. I get cold. So let's put in this NKOTB blanket. And when I'm cold I like to drink some hot Cocoa. Therefore a NKOTB mug would be great. And when I am under a blanket with cocoa I like to reminisce. So a NKOTB picture album would be ideal!"

To cut to the chase, next day we eat Steak an Shake (delicious) and get on the road. I did forget to mention us getting lost after the show and driving in a HUGE CIRCLE around Duluth for a good 45 min... BUT I'm sure you expected it.

The last thing I want to mention is the conversation we had on the drive back. This is pretty much in verbatim. I changed some due to lack of a photographic memory, but it's close.
Steph "Do you think they ever feel like pieces of meat?"
Heather "Probably but I'm sure they like it."
Me: "And can you blame them!"
Steph "Yeah have you seen those fans! Gross!"
Heather: "How many people do you think were in that arena?"
Me: "I don't know. 20,000."
Heather: "Well of the 20,000 MAYBE 100 were attractive. Probably only 20 are available or actual meet them. That's 5 girl apiece!"
Stephanie: "But Danny get's none of those. Well, maybe 1.5."
Heather: "Please! Danny get's like a foot!"
Me: "And Jon doesn't want his. Maybe he can donate."
And I can't remember who but someone said "I'm sure Donnie will take them. He's a man whore."
AND AGAING i repeat, I don't think I'm great. But I do wear clothese to cover me! Which some people who are way older than me forgot to do!

Okay, so that's really the end of the most awesome NKOTB extravaganza! I hope you didn't die of old age or boredom while reading this (if you actually did read it all) but it truly was an awesome couple of days! Our GROUP photo was taken by the people there and won't be up for two weeks but trust me... you'll be seeing it!!!! Peace out friends. Feel free to leave me lots of comments.

Backstage at the show: One Million bucks. An Event 20 years in the making: PRICELESS.

No comments: